Winter Skin Must-Haves
With the wind chill expected to reach -22 this Saturday in Iowa, I've been prepping my skin all week. Let's face it, I live in a place where the wind literally hurts my face everyday, so it's extremely important for me to take care of my skin. I try a lot of different products but these 5 are my favorite -especially during the winter.
1. Josie Maran Argan Lip Treatment. This stuff is amazing. I put it on every morning after washing my face, and my lips are so soft by the time I'm ready to put on my lipstick. Unfortunately, Josie Maran doesn't make it anymore. An alternative is First Aid Beauty's Ultra Repair Lip Therapy.
2. Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer- I wish I would have started taking better care of my skin in my early 20's. I cannot say enough good things about this night cream. I can 100% tell a difference in my skin when using it. At $94/jar, it's expensive - but I'm going to let you know my secret: Buy the gift set instead. The gift set comes with a 1 oz jar of moisturizer, an eye cream, and a face wash with a price tag of $50. the 1 oz jar is enough to last me almost 6 months. Whether you go for the big jar or opt for the gift set, your skin is worth the investment.
3. Loccitane Roses Hand and Nail Cream- I wish you guys could smell this lotion as you read this. It's heavenly. Ever since my trip to Paris (if you want to read about my trip, click here) I have been obsessed with this lotion. I bought some randomly in the train station and it smelled exactly like a lotion I had when I was a child. Every time I smell it it brings back great memories! This lotion is extremely moisturizing, which I need due to the fact I always forget to wear gloves. My hands get so dry in the winter here. I have to constantly put on lotion!
4. Aveda Energizing Eye Cream- My Aveda hairstylist was sweet enough to give me a sample of this eye cream, and it's safe to say I will be buying the full size bottle when this one runs out. I am not a morning person and getting up at 6:00am everyday is a struggle. This eye cream really does energize my eyes keeping me from looking like a zombie everyday.
5. Coconut Oil- I still stand by using coconut oil as a face wash. No matter what your skin type, it provides natural oil while gently cleaning your skin. Check out a full review; Your Best Skin Now.
Remember, when dealing with your skin during the winter, it's important to stay hydrated and moisturized. We are lucky enough to have a radiator system in our house, meaning all our heat comes from a boiler, keeping the air full of moisture. Forced-air heat can be really drying for your skin so make sure you use lotion and invest in a humidifier!
What products do you love to use on your skin during the winter months?